"In the profession and the party-campaigning for justice for all"
The Liberal Democrat Lawyers Association
- Comprises barristers, solicitors, academics, legal executives, law students and other legal professionals, plus others with an interest in the law, who are members of the Liberal Democrats.
- Has members practising in all areas of the law, with considerable diversity of legal knowledge and experience.
- Campaigns for liberal values in law reform and for the protection of civil liberties and human rights in the legal system and in our substantive law.
- Contributes to the Liberal Democrats' policy making through working parties on legal policy and law reform.
- Briefs members of the United Kingdom, European and Scottish Parliaments, the Welsh Assembly and other elected bodies on legal issues.
- Responds to government consultations on proposed legislation.
- Publishes the Legal Democrat magazine and a newsletter, which are free to members.
- Organises regular conferences, lectures and meetings.
- Holds an excellent annual dinner.
- Is a registered CPD provider for relevant events.
A message from the Chair - Graham Colley
Welcome to our Website.
Liberal Democrat Lawyers aim to be a pre-eminent campaigning organisation serving the Liberal Democrat Party and helping with policy formation.
Our members comprise not only of Legal Executives, Solicitors and Barristers, academics, magistrates, law students and other professionals involved in the law, but also all, who are members of the Liberal Democrat Party interested in law reform.
Members are encouraged to become involved in policy development. 'Hot Topics' include consolidation of the parties civil liberties policy , extradition, international law, Legal Aid, 'Tesco law' (Alternative Business Structures), Law as an export.
Interested? Read on. I hope you join and participate.